With over a decade’s worth of knowledge and expertise, Arnout brings a wealth of experience in the global energy field. Since joining the firm, more than 11 years ago, he has assumed leadership roles in our practices across the energy sector and served our clients in the completion of over 100 projects.
Arnout helps lead our Electric Power & Natural Gas Practice and our Oil & Gas Practice in Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. Within these practices, he leads renewable, power, future-technology, and oil and gas projects for international public- and private-sector organizations, including energy companies, private-equity firms, start-ups, and government institutions.
Additionally, Arnout is a leader of our Global Cleantech Practice and our Global Gas Practice, focusing on wind, energy storage, and hydrogen, as well as energy transitions at large. He advises senior executives across these sectors on a wide range of functional topics, ranging from portfolio strategy and capital-cost excellence to cultural transformation and organizational design.
Arnout’s recent client work includes:
- defining the portfolio strategy for a leading energy company in light of the changing energy landscape across the oil and gas and renewables sectors
- advising a group of international executives of public institutions and NGOs on the implications of energy transition and on their joint road map for accelerating it
- strengthening the top-team culture and shaping the performance-transformation journey for an electric utility
- turning around the operational performance and costs of a European utility across its full generation portfolio
Before joining McKinsey, Arnout held engineering roles with Shell Global Solutions and Van Oord.
- Oil & Gas
- Electric Power & Natural Gas
- Strategy & Corporate Finance
- Sustainability & Resource Productivity
“Accelerating the energy transition: Cost or opportunity?,” McKinsey & Company, September 2016
Delft University of Technology
MSc, hydraulic and offshore engineering